group projects

by - 12:39 PM

I am an advocate against group projects, or at least half of me is. I'm constantly conflicted between wanting to do everything alone so I can do it in my own pace, and wanting to work in a group so I can work less + it's a good life experience anyway. So you can just imagine the amount of emotional conflict I have working with other people of whom I may or may not like as workmates.

Thoughts I Have In A Group Project:


*explains something*
*everyone says OK*
one day later
"hold on what did you say again"
*explains again*
"what why maybe we should do ______"




*someone suggests something I know wouldn't work because of time constraints / physics
I just tell myself to let them try because at the back of my head I know I can be wrong sometimes so it doesn't hurt to try while at the same time concocting Plan B
I'm innately doubtful of everything because of my own bullheadedness + laziness and sometimes people's crazy ideas do work if only they are also willing to explain how it will happen

*assigns work to groupmates*
*comes back the next day*
*find out they spent hours doing 20% of the job while you spent hours completing your end of the stick alone*


And at the end of the day because I am constantly being annoyed and stressed at the same time, I find out they've been bad-mouthing me because of the way I talk to them


It's OK to rant about me cos I know I can be a major cunt sometimes but I'll be lying if I said it doesn't irk me.
I'll be less of a bitch if y'know. People actually #getshitdonefast and #stayfocused
the worst part is, the person who slacks the most will more often that not, be seen as a better leader I can't even
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO EARN THE RESPECT OF PEOPLE





You May Also Like

0 comments