Dear Enemy

by - 2:10 PM

I'm reading a book called Dear Enemy by Jean Webster and the protagonist is so relate-able!

"-and also, no matter what the doctor wants, so positive and dictatorial is his manner that just out of self respect one must take the other side. When he states that the world is round, I instantly assert it to be triangular"

I can relate to this so well because my brother is exactly like the doctor, with his condescending airs and his stubborn nature. His stupid know-it-all attitude that makes it so difficult to agree with his words.

"I have just been holding an interview with a woman who wants to take a baby home to surprise her husband. I had a hard time convincing her that, since he is to support the child, it might be a delicate attention to consult him about its adoption. She argued stubbornly that it was none of his business, seeing that the onerous work of washing and dressing and training would fall upon her. I am really beginning to feel sorry for men. Some of them seem to have very few rights."

idk maybe it's not as funny to you as it is to me. But I like the tone of this book, and she's really witty and has a way with words that just pulls at my funny bone.

---

In other news, I'm so obsessed with the Chinese singing competition show! A lot of them are really good singers, and I'll continue watching on even though some of my favourites were disqualified (unjustly so!!) 


Currently, I'm obsessed with this one.



but this one makes me cry every time he sings T___T it's so touching, straight through my feelss

You May Also Like

0 comments