New Perspectives

by - 10:32 PM

So I've been in this new job for ~2 months now. It's a Chinese company.

So far, my back and neck are dying cos the chairs aren't adjustable so I slouch. For some reason there's no drawers on my desk, so everything I own is on the table top or the stool next to me. I'm not bringing my full desk set yet cos we expect to be moving offices soon, but not sure when lol 

I'll say in comparison to my old place, this place certainly fares better in teamwork and team spirit. But I suppose that's difficult to achieve in a larger company like my last one, where there's literally no time to appreciate every single person.

I wonder sometimes if I made the wrong decision doing this. I sort of miss talking to more people, being more on the move. I now walk an average of 6000 steps a day, in contrast to the 10k I was managing last time. I also miss looking at more packages, rather than just one that I am now. 

Also, they sort of hinted today that I don't really OT.

I was also the butt of the OT jokes back at the old place, where people say my life is good cos I don't OT much lol it sorta sucks cos I know I'm doing my work, and I think I didn't suck at it, considering how they still sometimes call me in to ask stuff lol 

But I think maybe it does mean I don't actually have that much to do lol but when I really think about it, I still don't see what else I could do that would warrant OT-ing every day lol 

I call this toxic work culture. 

Not that everyone who works overtime are bullshitting their bosses; but it doesn't mean people who don't, have it easy at work. Perhaps we're just faster at our jobs lol 


Maybe I need to start advertising how absolutely ~tired I am.


Seriously though, I've seen a lot of people who work really hard when they don't actually have to lol 


I also really need a chiropractor my neck is dying

You May Also Like

0 comments