Kisah Sebenar

by - 2:16 PM

 I got COVID!!


Ya, betul! This is my experience.

I'm gonna go back to when I started feeling paranoid, and not when the actual symptoms set in haha
It's 10th May, the day AFTER MY BIRTHDAY. We got informed someone from the main contractor's side got covid, and some of my colleagues joined some site walk and meeting that the guy attended too. So those two colleagues are considered close contact and ordered to stay quarantined, and get swabbed again on the 12th, day before Raya.

The whole office has to get swabbed on boss's orders. I decide to get swabbed separately cos I don't wanna go to the company's regular doctor all the way at Desa Park. So I get swabbed on 12th, day before Raya.

I ended up being negative but I didn't really feel good emotionally or mentally cos on the 15th I woke up to a news article on Facebook saying a neighbourhood grocer got case (6 staff members tested positive), and my parents revealed they were there on the 8th. We all develop (probably) psychological induced itchy throats hahahaha


I go to work as usual after Raya, but I still didn't feel good cos case numbers were rising every day and whO knows who's positive and who's not and I STILL have to go office and it means CROWDED MRT everyday and figuring out lunch, etc, etc. I go to office until 24th May, cos my boss started getting messages saying the government does office spot checks and orders non-site team to stay at home.

THANK U LORD cos we all know the project manager ain't gonna be letting us work from home if he has to get his butt to the office everyday hehe THANK U.

26th May was Wesak Day and that's when I started feeling cold. It's a strange experience to me cos I'm usually quite sensitive to heat so if anything, I would be sweating lol but it felt like my legs weren't getting any blood or something, until I even had to tuck my toes under the cushions to feel normal lol begin my onset of more paranoia.

I start checking my temperature, which made my mother (who also developed paranoia) check my temperature obsessively. My temperature was slightly above average, I hit an average temperature of 37.3 degrees. The rest of the family didn't go above 37 degrees lol but this didn't freak me out AS much cos I know my body temperature usually runs on the high side - I attribute this to my innate gan-jeongness and dehydration.

I only decided to go get tested on 28th May cos my mother wouldn't stop checking my temperature and freak me out so I booked a morning test on 29th. We were pretty confident I would be negative cos my "fever" went away and I didn't feel anything else aside from an itchy throat (something that stuck with me since December 2020, my first close contact experience lol).

30th May (Sunday) passed and nobody called me yet. To be on the safe side, I kept to one corner of the living room and during meals I called first dibs and didn't double dip. 

31st May (Monday) comes and I text the clinic in the morning to ask for my results


I tested positive. 

My CT value were all >20 so I guess I was around the center of the healing curve, leaning towards recovery. All the same, I freaked out and told my office admin, my boss and my friends. Sent my family to BP for swab test to be sure.

 I was feeling pretty sure that they wouldn't be spared from this and I was asking myself where I could've gotten it and I can't believe this is happening why me why now but at the same time I sorta had a feeling I would've gotten it sooner or later lol when I was busy trying to get the vaccine appointment, a voice in my subconscious was like "you're gonna get covid and your appointment will be fucked" so I wasn't thAT disappointed I didn't get it lol
I digress. My parents weren't feeling tip-top cos my mother was complaining about her throat and my dad was coughing more than usual. So I got really really scared I could've caused them this disaster.

But thank the forces of the universe, they all tested negative!!
I then settled into my condition of self isolation and waited for KKM to call me - which they didn't lol I ended up contacting PKD Cheras instead and they got things arranged pretty quick!



So in the end:

  1. I have no idea where I got it from, cos my work colleagues and family tested negative. Likely I got it from the MRT, despite me being careful enough and wearing my mask properly, washing hands, not touching anything lol. The crazy part of me suspects its that spoon from Go Noodles I didn't wash before using but do you get covid from digestion??? Probably not lol
  2. I did not get a gelang. 
    My family did though?? They went today ostensibly to get their second swab but ended up with a pink wristband and new confusion LOL my mom says it was really confusing and crowded there and every body was up in arms, so they couldn't ask anything, just go with the flow.
    By right if their results were out by 31st, 10 days would be on 9th June. Today is the 7th day.
    I Whatsapped PKD about it and the guy said it's weird but to wait for the results. He was like "nanti lepas 3 hari kalau takda orang call, you call balik PKD cheras and tanya result. Kalau negative, bagitau mereka first swab dkt private on 31st, second swab dkt Cheras, then tanya bila boleh potong gelang"
    Although I had no proof whatsover of this phone call, I trust him lol
  3. My discharge appointment is tomorrow!
    I hope it's a discharge!!! I want freedom to roam the fridge again lol
  4. I worked every day during quarantine cos my boss said I "had nothing else to do anyway" lol eventhough I felt fine and fit for work, I still feel a bit pissed at this lol no sensitivity at all
  5. Yes I feel some side effects, ie: when I lie down or when I feel hungry, it gets slightly difficult to breathe. Like your lungs can't get all the air you're breathing in, or you're wearing a really tight bra.

Hope all is well! Fingers crossed their results are negative!
还我自由!身体健康!

You May Also Like

0 comments