Bai Tin Gong

by - 10:17 PM

My Mom finally decided to go back to Mentakab yesterday lol she went to her lunch meeting at KLCC and then we were off to my Mom's hometown to pray for the tian gong

The second we reached, I was pulled into the kitchen to help out with arranging the DIY vegetarian (ish) yee sang. My aunt and the maids were busy chopping fruits and vegetables and frying the chicken. My aunt was so frazzled she snapped at anyone who went in her way LOL her husband stayed away from the kitchen, for obvious reasons.

It may sound easy but it's not lol not when its for guests, that is. We had to make 5 huge-ass plates too. And the stuff were all white-ish and greenish and the only ones with color were the carrots, the pineapple and the jambu merah. 



the end product! Its fruits&vegetables surrounding an island of chopped up lettuce topped with pomelo. Then we arranged a garland of cherry tomatoes and grapes around it with purple lettuce. Topped everything off with sliced abalone.

IT WAS MEANT TO BE OURS. But in haste someone brought it out for the guests lol my cousin was so disappointed cos she spent so much time arranging everything in perfect order and quantity.

The later it got, the more guests arrived. My aunt and uncle's friends were all serious gamblers and drunks lol it was kinda awkward. So my cousin played this game with me and my Mom. It's this plastic thing. It's hard to explain and describe


You had to try to pull out sticks without dropping any monkeys that were balanced above. See that boy in the pink shirt? His name is Ryan and he's the cutest little shit ever! His brother is the one in the green shirt, Gerard. Big sister Jane not pictured. 

It's my cousin's toy and she didn't want them to lose any of the monkeys so she secretly hid it upstairs while I was distracting them outside LOL. You know what Ryan did? He took a mandarin and tried to peel it for me 
Then he couldn't manage at first so I taught him the first step and he finished peeling hurhurhur its so cute argh 

Gerard asks questions like me lol. 

"Why are they playing with fireworks *serious face on* it's all over newspapers that people die, it's so dangerous! WHY are they playing with fireworks?"

"Why are the dogs tied up? They look so bored and sad tied up. Why can't we let them go?"

I have a feeling he's gonna be a real animal lover lol. But then he's just 8 and little boys are all a little obnoxious at that age lol. 

After all the praying, the aunts and nieces had a mini photo session. My aunt went crazy LOL she kept posing with different stuff around the house. No wonder they have so much stuff, IT'S ALL TO CAMWHORE WITH. 


my cousin (the one in the blue dress with the pose) set her phone on a timer. She ran over to the sofa and she tripped JUST as the camera was about to snap HAHAHAHAH it was hilarious we froze for a smile and then collapsed into laughter.


It felt good having female company. Sometimes it gets lonely when you grow up with guys who only recently understand that period comes out from the same hole pee does.

You May Also Like

0 comments