Comparisons

by - 1:06 PM


So recently this drama has been floating around Facebook and Twitter; the whole kids sitting on the ~*cold hard ground*~ debate

My immediate response was that parents nowadays are getting really ridiculous and finding a million faults in schools that are otherwise not problematic to begin with. I mean, is the ground they're sitting on wet? (Don't think so)
Besides, it builds character doesn't it? It's not like they're being forced into child labour, it's just making them sit on the exposed ground!!

Then I went back to my primary school days and I realised that I had it better than them lol maybe it's cos I'm from a Chinese school and most of the parents there are all generous and/or rich?? I don't know but I remember during perhimpunan, we sat on tiled floors, because:

  1. there's an actual dedicated space for perhimpunan
  2. We actually use said space
  3. I don't know how schools work but I suppose we had more money to pay for electricity??
YOU SEE?? GOT TV SUMMORE. Where did the money come from srsly
My primary school didn't have a dataran, the school blocks weren't surrounding an empty basketball court. My school was sort of L-shaped, facing the basketball court and parking lots. 



Before the new block was constructed, standard 3 kids had to move to the basketball court and study Chinese proverbs and stuff lah I forgot what it was but we had a book and we had to read from it. We were provided stools to sit on too.

the canteen where one day we found a frog in the longkang AND THE CANTEEN UNCLE JUST KILLED IT?!?!?!?! e__e
After the new block, we finally had a hall big enough to accommodate standards 1-6 and the floor finish was laminated wood? I don't know I remember they were cheap and we were supposed to avoid getting moisture on it as much as possible or it'll warp. 

they changed the ceiling lights since I've left, and installed better doors =_=

I used to jaga this spot; it was a very sad time for me lol five minute rehats T__T I hated it 
You know come to think of it my primary school really is more lavish than most SKs lol we visit the neighboring schools every year for sukan tara and their school is, not to be racist or anything, really dirtier lol and a whole lot wetter. 

And my primary school literally has fans everywhere
and yet we still complain hahaha

And after coming out of that haven we never appreciated, maybe that's why a lot of trouble makers in SMK are chinese educated, because primary school was a lot more comfortable. 


I forgot the point of this post, I want to go back to my primary school now but I don't think anyone would remember me lol I wasn't an outstanding student (seeing as how I wasn't from the first class, and I'm not very inclined towards sports, and I won no awards for the school) and from what I know most of my old teachers have left lol 

I feel so nostalgic now.

edit:
But then come to think of it, we have money raising campaigns literally every year >__> and every Friday we had to bring newspaper for the school so they can sell them lah and to "cultivate the habit of recycling among the student body". And the teachers take pride in their class donating a lot of money so there were lots of pressure to find donations lolol 

You May Also Like

0 comments