Everything sucks now

by - 1:14 PM

I'm just gonna talk whatever here lol I ain't no writer, I'm not gonna have a cohesive train of thought.

Here are my feelings:
  1. I hate Disney live action remakes - and I'm not 100% prejudiced.
    Aside from the fact that this is an obvious business decision to rake in the bucks at the expense of our childhood nostalgia, and the fact that it is completely unnecessary, there's totally no magic?? It's like they almost completely rely on their CGI team and costuming to make the people look good, but with no character depth?? Some of the characters don't even look good!!

    Also, no offence to Queen B, but her voice totally does not suit Nala's lol she sounds 30 years older than Simba in the film.

    In the comments section of Mulan's trailer, most of the comments were either
    "I teared when he said I am blessed with two daughters" like....that is so not the point of Mulan. OK sure, it's cool she's actually female and yeah, girls can be tough too but the whole plot line of Mulan isn't 100% centered around feminism ok lol the huns are coming to wreck havoc and take over the throne!! She struggles fitting in cos OBviously she's not trained to fight!! Liu Yi Fei looks too girly and pretty to be a person who fooled an entire army into thinking she's actually a man!!!!!!!!!!! What's with Gong Li's character?????? No talking dragons but flying witches are ok??????????????????????? 

    Also?? The dialogue sucks?? You're already making China speak English, you might as well change the dialogue a bit to make it more relatable to your audience right. Maybe it's just my problem, I don't know. Maybe their voices just don't match the dialogue and the feeling is lost.

    Ugh.
  2. People are becoming wayy to sensitive
    Ok, perhaps our ancestors and parents weren't exactly comforting to us when we were kids. I was raised in an uptight household cos my Dad doesn't understand why 5 year olds cry Asians are just generally stricter than the parents we watch on TV. And my grandmother never really noticed me cos I'm not first born or a boy.
    Ok, I agree we should be a bit more empathetic against kids cos they have their problems too and we should be understanding. Ok, racism is bad. Ok, sexism is bad.
    But have we come to a point when people are becoming too sensitive?? It's like if you have said "this girl is bad at sports", keyboard Nazis will fly out and attack you "why don't you use this person instead?!? Why do you have to use the word girl?!?! DoN't yOU KnoW iTs dERogATorY!??!?"
    It's almost impossible to argue with anyone now on the Internet without it becoming a sexist/ racist slur. There's a fine line, and I want to find it.

I'm tired.
Bye

You May Also Like

0 comments