I scratch my own back

by - 12:50 PM

Sometimes I feel like I do too much on my own
In these moments, I really want to just disappear and see if people can survive on their own
And then, I think maybe I'm being too conceited

But why is it that almost every time I do something, I'm alone?
Why is it that other people can get help without even asking?
Is it because people assume that I can,
or do people just not like to help me?

And after I finish doing something, I hardly ever get a simple thank you
I don't need lavish ceremonial bouts of thankfulness,
but does it hurt to say thank you?!
Why is it that some people only feel grateful for the "cute ones"
Am I ugly?! Is that it?!
Is that why I have to beg for people to notice?

And sometimes,
sometimes, when I help people do something,
outsiders would either think someone else did it
or I did something horribly wrong

I'm just 19.
I'm still learning.
At least I want to learn.
At least I took the initiative.
Cut me some slack.

It's not like I purposely go out and ask for trouble,
but can you, even if I'm wrong, say it nicely?

It's a sad world,
at least for now.


You May Also Like

0 comments