Being Group Editor

by - 12:59 PM

I write this before I begin (ugh) my report assignments (why are there so many?!?)

I've been the de facto group editor ever since group report assignments existed. I'm only ever not the group editor when (a) there's someone better and more of a control freak than I thank god, or (b) I lack the knowledge and expertise on said area.

People seem to think I actually enjoy editing??? I DON'T. I HATE IT. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT. But I can't not be editor because I've been let down one too many times, by people who simply are too lazy and can't be bothered to read everything and just copy paste everything into one document. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT.


I especially hate to edit when I have a shit-ton of things to do 
I especially hate to edit when there are people in my group who aren't good in English, and so their reports will either be (a) a perfectly constructed sentence they obviously copied from somewhere amidst a jumble of horribly written broken English, or (b) a jumble of horribly cut-and-paste sentences. 
Disclaimer: I hate editing, but it doesn't make me hate the people. It just makes me very angry with them for a few days BECAUSE GDI IT'S NOT YOUR FIRST TIME WRITING REPORTS RIGHT. I'M SURE YOU'VE WRITTEN ESSAYS BEFORE. MY PRIMARY SCHOOL ESSAYS ARE MORE WELL-WRITTEN THAN THE SHIT YOU GIVE ME. 


I mean, I understand that not everybody was brought up in an English speaking environment, but that doesn't mean you're excused from sucking with both speaking and writing!!! CHINESE AND MALAY MAY NOT BE MY STRONGEST SUITS BUT OH MY GOD I CAN STILL WRITE SENTENCES THAT MAKE SENSE

For the purpose of ranting, I present to you all the pros and cons of being the group editor. Cons comes first, naturally.

CONS OF BEING GROUP EDITOR:
  1. People seem to forget that you too, have a lot of other assignments to attend to. So sometimes you get disgusting excuses from them that they were too busy doing some other assignment. Bitch, like I'm so free right
    It's the same thing with being the person who writes the notes on the board when the teacher is absent/lazy and you have to submit said notes on the same day as well. And no one remembers that you basically wasted half the period writing for other people
  2. Some people are nocturnal and only start to work in the late evenings, and tend to send you their parts at 4 fucking am, even after you specifically asked for it before 12am 
  3. People think your brain functions 100% 24/7, and they just have to push a laptop to your face and you'll make wonders happen.
  4. When you're not the group editor, and you see the final report someone else has compiled..................................... god.
  5. Some people only make sense in their mind, and only 10% of their parts make sense to you. So you spend more time deciphering what the fuck they mean.
  6. Attitude problems. God. People think you have all the time in the world, or editing takes 10 minutes only (these are the people who only copy paste everything into one file with confidence that you've done well, just because).  So when you send the file back, they send you their same horrible part with an attitude attached.

  7. When citing references is compulsary, and some ass-wipes can't be bothered to find out how to cite properly. And they're also ~too lazy~ to redo when you send it back. You fucking cunts.
  8. PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ THE FUCKING ASSIGNMENT BRIEF AND SEND YOU SOMETHING OFF-TOPIC. READ. THE. FUCKING. BRIEF. PLEASE. 
PROS OF BEING GROUP EDITOR
  1. When an individual assignment comes rolling by, your plagiarism percentage stays low from all the practice paraphrasing. 
As you can see, I'm not a very nice person when I have to edit reports. I become a very angry beast so please don't talk to me. 

You May Also Like

0 comments