Review - The Hunger Games

by - 1:46 PM

Contrary to what most people reviewed about the movie, I give The Hunger Games a 7.5/10. The "shakiness" of the screen in the beginning, I could not understand but it captured the scene of District 12 really good. I mean, focusing on the scarce meat they ate, the dark and dirty faces of the people, the people looking almost the same like it was said in the novel. The scenes were dark and grey like how District 12 would look like. It was grim, JUST LIKE THE NOVEL.


Jennifer Lawrence's acting was really good, I think THAT was EXACTLY how Katniss is supposed to be like - comforting yet determined and firm. I bow down on my knees to her acting.

I didn't like Willow Shields (Prim) though. Whenever she screamed "No!" it was either too fast, or too fake. But then, she IS just 12. What should I expect from a twelve year old lol I guess it was good.

LIAM HEMSWORTH OH LIAM HEMSWORTH. Looking so fine.
HAHA ignore my ghetto attempts *cough cough* I just wished he had more parts, but then again Gale wasn't really a main character in the first book. I'm still peeved that Suzanne Collins made Katniss pick Gale though. Jeez. What a buzzkill.

A lot of people were really annoyed with the camera-shaking, but I think it was correct of them to do so. I mean, look at "Twilight" for example. The fighting scenes are SO boring, the entire MOVIE is boring. Love the books, but the movies...meh. The movies are s boring, strictly for die-hard Twilight fans only if you ask me. ANYWAYS, so what to I know about the fighting scenes, the camera just zoomed into them and that's it... like if they didn't shake the camera while they fought or ran, I think it would be seriously boring. I mean, if you were there in the actual scene, your eyes would be darting left and right trying to get a look at EVERYONE right? They can't just focus on Katniss, honey, it'll be just....boring lol.

The shaking of the camera, I think, is to create suspense. The person watching the movie would be anxious to see EVERY part, and not just sit back and watch Katniss run away lol with that effect, at least they would sit up and try to see what's happening, eventually see the people dead on the ground with their paralysed-looking expressions and Katniss running away.

Whatever, the movie was okay. Nice in some scenes. My favourite parts were in the end though lol but then I couldn't focus cos I REALLY needed to go to the toilet but I didn't want to miss anything HA-HA I'm so weird.

You May Also Like

0 comments