by - 11:49 AM



Listen to this song.

Been reading "On The Jellicoe Road" by Melina Marchetta and at first, I was a little meh about it cos the setting was something I can't really relate to and it feels a little bit like a fantasy novel - something I don't buy.

As the book goes on, I fell in love with it. Like I'm at page 666 of 776 now and I can't wait to end it cos I WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS HER MOTHER WHY IS HANNAH LIKE THIS AND OH MY GOD IS HANNAH AND JUDE LIKE, UNREQUITED LOVERS?!?!?

I'm reading the ebook of course lol. No way is an actual YA novel 776 pages long and still got a Pulitzer Award. Yes, THIS BOOK GOT A PULITZER AWARD. And guys, that's big in the YA novel world.

One of my favourite quotes from the book is when Jonah (Oh, my God Jonah.) was telling Taylor:

"Never," he tells me in a tone full of ice, "under-estimate who or what I care for."

Guys, if you read the book, you will totally get what I mean.
I'm also here to say that the great novelists aren't just Americans. Cos Australians can totally rock your world with their books too. Just like Jaclyn Moriarty's "Finding Cassie Crazy" and "The Murder Of Bindy McKenzie" or Marcus Kuzak's "The Book Thief".

They're just.. so awesome.


You May Also Like

0 comments