Exams

by - 10:32 PM

Amazing what exams can do to a person. Do you know how it feels like to forget to bring your watch to school when you have exams? It's terrifying. You have no idea of finding out what time it is and whether or not you should speed up your work. Last time, I had the luck of sitting somewhere in the middle where some kind soul will flash me the time. Now I sit in front, like smack-bam-in-front-of-whiteboard-front. And my classroom has no clock.

Because there is no watch to tell me the time, I had to write like a madwoman - resulting me in a lot of mistakes and of course, being TOO fast means I'm always ahead of people.

I didn't bring a watch to the Sejarah paper 3. Thank GOD teacher wrote the time on the board, otherwise I'd be completely SCREWED. We had to change the sentences and use our own words right? Yeah, I focused on that on Question 1, taking my own sweet time cos well, three hours! Expectation was that we'd have loads of time ahead of us.
WRONG! We can NOT be more wrong.
By the time I finished the first question, one hour has passed. And there's 8 questions.
SO you can imagine what happened lol I feel thankful that I had Eunice's bahan. SO useful. Had I decided not to photostap a copy, I would've been sitting there cracking my head for answers.
The problem was, we were in such a rush to finish the paper, we have NO time to think for answers. I kid you not.
Thankfully I finished the paper in time. Fingers crossed I get more than 50 for the paper lol.

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON MATH PAPER ONE.
Pn Intan, why? Why?!
Not only was there not enough time, the questions were HORRIBLE. You couldn't even focus too much time on a question, because then there wouldn't be enough time for the rest of the paper! Banged a lot of questions. God. Those circle questions. Ridiculously mind boggling. I only had five minutes left and three questions to go.

Coming from a Chinese primary, where what you got for Maths is how they look at you intellectually, saying Maths sucks is unheard of. You just have to do more exercises. Which is what they did. You can never go through a day without having heaps of Maths homework waiting for you to finish and hand in on the next day. Don't hand it in or leave some questions blank? The cane is waiting.

Maybe that's what I ought to do. Because the concept of understanding formulas is out of the window. Too accustomed to the Asian way of drilling it in your head. Hey, old habits die hard.
Must do better in Maths. My dad's an engineer you know. Which means he's fairly good in Physics and all things Mathematical.
I remember when I asked him Maths questions in primary school lol. He said I'm stupid if I don't know how to solve them. He said even kindergarteners can do it.
Yeah, no pressure, right?
Psh.

Fingers crossed for Chemistry.


..and Add Maths.



And Biology....






....and Physics



Okay, just pray for my exam-well-being.

You May Also Like

0 comments