Culture shock.

by - 10:35 PM

My Mom just pointed out to my Dad about her childhood dinner days. My Dad can get really anal about the way you start conversations so he started to go on about teaching her how to talk properly. My Mom is the kind of person who HATES it when people point out what she did wrong. So they really hit off lol.
Then my Mom, on one of her suggestive talks, told him that when she was small, the adults will give food to their kids. Like, when the kids are eating, her dad will giap a piece of meat and put it in her bowl as a sign of affection. My Mom is trying to tell my Dad he's a very affection-less man LOL my Dad retorted, saying that when he was small, no one did that. The most anyone did was the usual "JIAK PUI" (Hainanese or something for eat!) and that everyone got their own piece of meat.

I don't know. Personally, if you give me food, at least give me ones that I'll eat. Don't give me prawns when I'm happily eating my chicken. I think I made it clear enough that I HATE seafood. Sometimes, people do that just so they can torture me into eating something disgusting. Like, I ate FROGS LEGS once because the Chinese calls it "tian ji". "Ji" coincidentally means chicken.
So you know what happened.

I don't play-play when it comes to the food on my plate, okay?

You May Also Like

0 comments