Busy.

by - 2:40 PM

I have debate by the end of this month, I have exams on the start of next month. The debate motion hasn't even been given yet, and when we get it, I'll have to balance researching and studying for my exams.

After that, I'll like to add my opinion on extra classes at school. Let me tell you what happens during extra classes in school. Teachers all spend half of our time introducing us to form 5, as if we don't already know. Look, it's not that we don't know it's SPM year. Yes, we know that our SPM results are like, the only things people will see in the future. Yes, we are aware that people don't care about PMR, they'll ask for SPM. Yes, we seem half-assed with our school work.
However,


Okay, here's the gist about the situation teachers are in right now. They have to wake up early in the morning, beat the traffic and get to school by 7 or get reprimanded by everyone above them. Yes, I get that everyone thinks the Guru Cemerlang are all arrogant and abuse their power. Yes, I am aware that our school organisation is half-assed. Yes, I get that the ministry keeps springing new ideas and new forms to fill at the last minute. Yes, I get that you have a lot of things to do and since almost all of our teachers are women, they have a family to take care of too.



But the reality of the situation is that to us students, school is merely an institution where you go to for the sole reason of meeting friends. School is where we all go for revision classes. We do not really learn much from school. And if the stupid hair and ridiculous rules are abolished, school will look slightly better.

Cos seriously, I don't see how anyone will be impressed by say, the school's official socks or the colour of our shoes. In my opinion, people will be impressed by a school if the school has a nice and friendly faculty, if the school office wasn't made for the soul-less and if the students are visibly friendly.

When there are tuition centres available, where you're free to wear anything you want, do anything you want with your hair, bring any bag you want to. As long as the teacher can teach, people will flock to your classes, I tell you. It's a fact. How is it that Ahmad can get so many students in his class? He's a good teacher, he develops a good student-teacher relationship and let's face it, the fact that we don't have to make our own notes is appealing. All you have to do is highlight and make some extra notes on the side. No cutting or pasting required.

I'll continue my dissatisfaction with the school system in yet another post.

To add on top of my debate and school,\; I have to juggle my extra tuition classes and my orthodontist appointments. I am also very very VERY behind my homework. I haven't finished my Math homework from last month yet. I have a half-assed excuse for this.

I have to stay back for extra classes and my extra-curricular activities. I have them four times a week, and I usually get home by 4 o'clock. I have tuition classes 3 times a week, sometimes 4 depending on the month. Usually in between school and tuition, I either nap if I can or I go shower, have a quick bite and go to tuition. By the time I reach home from tuition I am exhausted. I go to sleep at 11 and wake up at 5am. 6 hours of sleep is pushing it already, okay.



My Biology tuition teacher is a good teacher, but his fucked up analogy of what a student should do to get straight A's in SPM is seriously one of the most fucked up thing I've ever heard. I am not sacrificing my much needed sleep just to impress some college. As if scholarships are thrown to straight A students. If you think this is true, you're lying to yourself. No way can the government fund so many students. You think you're the only one who can get straight A's? Please review your life. 


And don't tell me to do my homework at school, during free periods. First of all, free periods don't just come to us. Second of all, there is no way I can concentrate on anything with See Yen sitting behind me provoking everyone with a beating heart. 

And the cherry on top is that the teachers seriously take advantage of me. I'm not afraid of naming them here okay. I don't care. You can scold me and make my school life more of a hell than it already is, but it won't erase the fact that Pn Anita has some serious attitude problems. 

Obviously the harp about her being a good Sejarah teacher has gone into her head. I have never met someone who abuses their power to inflict fear into everyone's heads. She told us that she'll give us a tight slap if we tell her we're skipping Majlis Anugerah Cemerlang on account of tuition classes. And she says she'll make our parents come to explain how our tuition classes are more important than the Majlis Anugerah Cemerlang. 



UH EXCUSE ME. Not only is that also one of the most fucked up thing I have ever heard in my whole existence as a human being, it is totally irrelevant. Because tuition classes are more important than some Majlis Anugerah Cemerlang. What do we fucking learn from some appreciation contest!?!?!? We just sit there, bored to our whims and we can't even leave early or she'll have our asses whipped. 


You May Also Like

0 comments