The Similarities!

by - 7:38 PM

In reference to Su Jean's recent blog post:


  1. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD PROBLEMS DIFFERENTIATING CHAR SIEW AND SIEW YUK. To me, char siew and siew yuk = char siew HAHAH my parents were the most frustrated people ever every time we eat out at noodle shops.  \
  2. My brothers eat food and leave a few behind too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My family works like this : the last person to finish something has to wash it. It's a basic rule that The Lazy (us) try to avoid. And my dad is extremely anal to biscuits not being in tins. He'll force us to put them in containers (or he'll blow a gasket) because he says it'll "lou fong" (for you non-Chinese speakers out there, lou fong is when air escapes into the container and fucks the biscuits up, making them lose their crisp and crunch) 

In my opinion, my Dad makes things very troublesome. We have to get a huge plate, fill it with water and put a smaller bowl on top. Then we balance the container on top of the bowl to prevent ants from invading our precious food. I know it's for the better, but it's SO TROUBLESOME.


Anyway, we'll basically just eat the biscuits until there's one or two left. Then it remains untouched for the rest of its lifetime until someone gives in and eats the remaining ones HAHAHAH it's usually my second brother. He always grumbles about it but in the end, he still eats it hehheh.

I also hate the yellow noodles. I do not understand how some people can stand it. I HATE IT. 
The yellow noodles taste horrible. Like, I don't know. Like smoke and something really bad. Give me meehoon anytime.

You May Also Like

0 comments