Rote.

by - 8:30 PM

Some people aren't blessed to be natural geniuses in school. Lots of people just have to work hard to get what they want from their academics.

Some people are like me and require understanding to the max. I have a friend who loves Biology and Chemistry. I HATE Biology and Chemistry. They're so abstract! Like, I can't see what's happening. And even if I do, it doesn't guarantee any understanding. You can't just make me conduct an experiment and expect me to understand.

School works like this. The teachers are knee-deep in their work, so therefore class usually goes like some factory process. They drill everything into you with Powerpoint presentations and give you lots of handouts (which are a pain in the ass to cut and paste.)...and then they expect you (if you ask me, it's more of a hope than an expectation) to remember everything and be able to answer the questions.

No.
Or at least, it's not in my case. I can remember something better if I understand the mechanics of it all. If it makes sense to me the first time, it makes sense to me forever. Which is probably why I like Physics better than Biology and Chemistry. Because you can see it happening, for one thing and there's a common sense behind it. To me, Physics is common sense, good grasp of Physic vocab and formulas.
Biology is more of a understanding of mechanics and remembering all of them. Chemistry is like Geo. It just keeps repeating itself and it's just there. It's set. There's nothing much about Chemistry that can be twisted.
Or at least I hope not.

Maybe the ministry should give less bloody paperwork to the teachers so they can finally focus on actually teaching us.

Or maybe teachers need to understand that Powerpoint presentations don't always work.

Or maybe I just need to shut up and do my work.

Goooodddddd. Exams are coming.

You May Also Like

0 comments