Preferences.

by - 9:10 PM

My brother says I'm a really choosy eater, and he says I'm never going to marry anyone because no one can handle this kind of choosiness. And he said that if I ever have kids, I better not let them lead choosy lives.

Like, for example:

I only eat cold cucumbers. I don't like warm, room temperature or anything else but cold cucumbers. I like cold cucumbers cos the gooey centres are hard. If they're any warmer than cold, the seed parts are all gooey and disgusting. You actually FEEL the seeds, and that disgusts me.


Same goes for tomatoes. And bitter gourds. Except I totally cut off the seed parts off tomatoes and bitter gourds.

I do not like seafood in general, but I like anchovies and tuna sandwiches. And sometimes, if it's cooked properly, the proverbial fish is acceptable. I will not touch prawns and shrimp, but if they're in Dim Sum form, then it's OK. I don't know why, don't ask. Maybe it's cos the skin conceals the weird texture.

This is weird, but I don't like sardines. I KNOW, I KNOW. Lots of you out there can live off sardines for a week and not complain. Not this girl right here. I used to be okay with sardines, cos y'know. It's just soft and tomato-ey. Until my Mom told me the bones are edible and I was like, what? That small fact ruined sardines for me.



Moving on.. I also do not like gooey egg yolks. It's fine if eggs are boiled and scrambled, but I can't stand it if you fry the egg on one side only. Sure the egg yolk looks totally fabulous and terrifically yolky but not only does it tastes disgusting and makes a mess when you accidentally break it (which happens quite often to me), it gives me a sense of salmonella coming. But the funny thing is, soft boiled egg, the kind that you slather on bread like liquid egg flavoured butter is fine with me.



It doesn't really matter what chicken it is. But sometimes I get the part of the chicken that has...the meat is.. it's kind of hard to explain. I don't know what part it is, but that part of chicken has this smooth texture and when you bite into it the chicken meat just feels overall disgusting. Or maybe it's because our family eats disgusting food cos my maid can't cook for beans. 
She cooks it the weird mushroom-y way. So it's swimming in gravy that Does Not Taste Nice. 

I'm a chicken breast person, fun fact. I do not like any article of meat that I am eating to contain fat. So I suppose to generalise everything, I'm a lean meat person. So excuse me for not appreciating fine fat.


*

While writing this post, my dad was doing some squats and he said he's trying to not put any pressure on his knees. So I told him to try squatting on the balls of his feet and blah blah blah. Then my Mom was like,

"Try using your ball!"

And my Dad was like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA and he swung his hips around HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I guess that's where my very infamous perverseness came from.

You May Also Like

0 comments