Dear, Pn Maz

by - 3:57 PM

I wanted to post this rant yesterday, but I was really tired after Debate and I was really tired after tuition...so I delayed it and now I'm doing it :) This rant might be long, could be short. Just bear with me.

Disclaimer: this is all in my opinion. I'm not here to spark some huge argument, I'm not writing this so she can get fired. I'm writing this in hopes that someone will read it and do something about it.

Dear Pn Maz,

you, are the worst. THE WORST teacher I have ever had the bad luck to encounter in my life. Last year, you told us that Pn Nik will teach us this year, and I was getting so excited to experience it...and then the school decided to fuck things up and put you as our chemistry teacher, again.

You, are the worst Chemistry teacher ever. Don't you think that you can smile your way out. It might've worked with your sexually frustrated professors back in your Organic Chemistry College days, but it doesn't work with students, especially a student like me.

First of all, will it kill you to teach in English? Okay, so maybe it's not your fault. We'll come to that later. But will it hurt for you to make some sense? Look. You have to use your brain and common sense and fucking general knowledge here. Have you never been a student? I don't know how old you are, but I don't think you're that old to forget about how it's like to be a student.

They should teach teachers this - studentology. They should teach teachers student psychology, so that the teachers can know what to expect and what not to expect from a student. Tuition teachers should also tutor these school teachers. Excuse me, but don't expect us to know anything.

You tell us that your teacher used to make you read the text book beforehand, before she teaches.


You say like that's a good thing. That's utter bullshit. You obviously don't know that your teacher is just forcing you guys to do her job for her. So she will have one less thing to bother about. You're lifting her load for her, and I don't think that's in a student's criteria - to make teachers' life easier as a teacher. That's like telling a constructor to build a house with no plan before you give them a plan to strengthen the house. That's bullshit, and it doesn't make any sense.

Besides, if that actually worked, you can actually answer our questions. We wouldn't have to wait two weeks later when the question is long forgotten about. Please, by the time you find out the answer, we would've already went through tuition.


That time when Yik Kin asked you a question about naming that isomer, my Chemistry tuition teacher already taught us that. You're not supposed to join numbers and letters together. You wouldn't have to say "I don't know, let me check and I'll get back with you." if you actually knew your shit.

Look, I bet you're actually a really nice person. But being a really nice person and having a cute smile will not get you anywhere further as a teacher. You can't always smile and everything will be better. That's stupid. That's delusional. You can conduct your own experiment, treat it as your own Teaching Peka.

You can go to all the classes you teach, gather all the students you teach that got an A in the subject you taught. Then find out how many of them do not have Chemistry tuition. Then find out whether the non-tuitioners have genius parents.

I hope you're surprised. Hello, if it wasn't for tuition, we would've literally died in everything.

I hope you do something about your fucked up teaching skills. I hope someone puts you in a month long teaching AND chemistry course. And then put you in a Teaching Chemistry course, on how to teach Chemistry effectively. I can introduce you to my Chemistry teacher, he's not bad.

Sincerely, with much hope that you become less of a flirt and more of a teacher,
Ezhen
student
monitor
generasi yang akan datang

You May Also Like

0 comments