Popular Book Fair 2013!

by - 5:02 PM

So today my family and I went to Popular's Book Fair @KLCC. Words cannot describe how annoyed I was at everyone (not my family, of course.)

All these aunties...

Oh my GOD. When I grow up, I swear I'll be a better auntie. What are aunties there anyway? I thought aunties don't read.. -.- oh wait no actually the Chinese pavilion was SO PACKED. It was insane. The English Pavilion had a lot of people, yeah but all around the cookbook area.. that's Malaysians for you~

I'll just cut the crap. I do, however wonder why all these parents let their kids pull the trolley baskets. OH MY GOD. If you want your kids to pull those damn contraptions, at least teach them how. I keep seeing kids standing in the middle of the road blocking the gradient cos they lost their parents.

Parents nowadays. Psh.

PURCHASES OF THE DAY! I only got three books lol can you imagine usually I get 8 or 10 haha but this time I figured I probably won't read them and I only got the books that were really good deals haha like seriously the most expensive book I got today was RM12.

So this is Happyface by Stephen Emond. Don't be deceived by the book cover! I almost did lol it looks like you typical boring self-help book on how to be happier. It's actually fiction! You can find out more here.
The book is actually really interesting! Okay, maybe not. I might be biased cos the pictures are so pretty hahah it's designed so well and the drawings are so nice! At least it's not something like that Boey book..that one was funny but this one is obviously prettier.

Harper's BAZAAR Great Style. It was only RM9.88! STEAL.

Sleeping Arrangements by Sophie Kinsella. You just can't go wrong with Sophie Kinsella.

That is basically it. I also got some SBP workbooks lol but I don't want to bore you all with them. 30% discount each though!

My Mom, like any normal auntie got attracted by that JustLife booth. She got bittergourd tea (?!?!?!?!) and this thing that acts as a natural laxative lol. THE POINT IS, if you buy something (I don't know what, sorry I can't help.) you get free broccoli!
Yes, broccoli. I know right lol just imagine the salesperson.
"HELLO EVERYBODY! BUY SOMETHING FROM US AND GET FREE BROCCOLI! YES, FREE BROCCOLI! COME AND GET THEMMM" 
But of course sales weren't SPECTACULARLY GOOD considering Justlife's prices lol 
WILL YOU MARVEL AT THE SIZE OF IT! And we got three!

My Mom.. she's been calling broccoli, cauliflower for so many weeks already lol it's hilarious.

We also went to Chilli's for lunch! I know right haha I've never been there cos usually we don't really eat if we're at KLCC. Focus on the shopping, you see. Cheh no la, it's just that normally it's only me and my Mom going out and we can barely finish anything and my Mom has a tendency to over-order -.- 

Anyway, we had to line up for ages -.- the system sucked lol by then my mouth was so dry it was killing me. Turns out you need to register first and blah blah blah.

The food was okay, if not a little over-priced. It had really big portions though! We shared three dishes amongst ourselves and now my brother has a serious case of the hiccups and bloat. It was crazy, the amount of food we had to finish.

I suck at endings, so yeah. This ends the post.

You May Also Like

0 comments