Slammed - Life.

by - 1:20 PM

So yesterday I've just finished reading another book - Slammed by Colleen Hoover. It's a series actually and I've read the first one. It's called Slammed and you can read more about the blurb here cos I'm too lazy to talk about it cos I suck at descriptions.

Besides, if you didn't click on the link you probably wasn't interested anyway :P

Anyway, I'm sharing an excerpt from the book here. It's one of my favourite parts in the book. This part is nearing the end, but I'm not sure if it's considered a spoiler or not but whatever. 90% of my friends don't read what I read lol seeing how I don't like mystery or fantasy.

Sometimes, life gets in your way
It gets all up in your damn way
But it doesn't get all up in your damn way because it wants you to just give up and let it take control. Life doesn't just get all up in your damn way because it just wants you to hand it over and be carried along
Life wants you to fight it. 
Learn how to make it your own
It wants you to grab an axe and hack it through the wood
It wants you to get a sledge hammer and break through the concrete. 
It wants you to grab a torch and burn through the metal and steel until you can reach through and grab it. 
Life wants you to grab all the organized, the alphabetized, the chronological, the sequenced. It wants you to mix it all together
stir it up 
blend it. 
Life doesn't want you to let it tell you that your little brother should be the only thing that comes first
Life doesn't want you to let it tell you that your career and your education should be the only thing that comes second. 
And life definitely doesn't want me
To just let it tell me 
that the girl I met, 
The beautiful, strong, amazing, resilient girl 
That I fell so hard for 
Should only come in third. 
Life knows
Life is trying to tell me 
That the girl I love
The girl I fell  
So hard for? 
There's room for her in first
I'm putting her first.


It's rather long, but sweet and meaningful. I know you skimmed some words, but I really hope you'll read it again. He's telling the girl he loves that he's sorry he let her go through a poem. There are these weekly "slam" sessions at a club where people go to share their poems, share their souls.

If a guy does this.. GIRL JUST MARRY HIM ALREADY. He ain't going anywhere.

You May Also Like

0 comments