Monotonous

by - 1:52 PM

What people need to understand is that I do try to study Biology. Really, I do. Sometimes, even when there's no exams coming up, I take out my Bio workbooks and attempt doing them. I fail, every single time. Why? Because I'm not specific enough. I can only grasp the general idea of the chapter, but the specific details fail to stay in my brain. I totally regret not going to tuition back in Form 4 for Biology. I really do.

And I blame my teacher, for the lack of good foundation. Like, why teacher? WHY IS YOUR VOICE SO BORING?


I'm serious. This is not another case of teenager-in-angst-and-pointing-fingers-at-everyone-else. I know when it's my fault, okay? And yes I could have studied on my own. BUT IS IT REALLY MY FAULT MY GENES PREVENT ME FROM BEING EVEN SLIGHTLY INTERESTED IN BIOLOGY?!
Oh my god especially the plants part. I outright ignore those parts. Cos the parts with plants in Biology legit bores me to death. The kind of boredom that makes me feel like screaming out loud in frustration on how god awful boring it is.

You have no idea the amount of will power holding me back from making noise in tuition whenever we reach the plants part. PLANTS ARE BORING.

How can Neville be so interested in Herbology I'll never understand.


My Form 4 Biology teacher..not only does she have the charisma of a dead fish, she has this idea that by telling us how awful she had it in University, we'd be more motivated to do better in Biology because she had it worst.

If that is not twisted thinking, I don't know what is.

Not only did it not work (as in the crash, burn and evaporate kind of not work), it made everyone hate her. Every time you say we have Bio next, the frustration in everyone's minds is actually visible. You can actually see the dark cloud hanging around on the ceiling whenever it's Biology.

I tried to like her. I really did. And I think she liked me too, until this year when she found out I failed my Bio and she got in trouble cos her Form 4 class failed their Bio in Form 5. She doesn't smile at me any more haha I don't know why.
See why I stop even trying to impress teachers? They take it for granted and stop liking you when you slip up. If I get an A for Biology in SPM, you will see me in the Bilik Guru rubbing it in everyone's faces.


In tuition class, it's better. Not good enough to ignite the secret flame of Biology-inducing likeability, but just enough to motivate me to know something about Biology.

One thing that separates my tuition teacher from my Biology teachers at school? He doesn't stutter, and he has actual charisma. He engages the class, and throws in a sexist joke here and there.

One thing for teachers: keep it interesting - use dirty jokes. That's my tip. I get instantly awake after laughing for a few seconds about a sexist joke. How do you think I stay awake during Physics tuition class? Considering how he can make me feel interested about electronics is saying something.

Rant over.

You May Also Like

0 comments