My Identity.

by - 12:14 PM

You know they say you are what you read? It's true. If I'm reading a depressing/Tumblr-worthy book my tone of speech gets really...monotone. I don't talk much when I read these kinds of books. If I'm reading something like Meg Cabot, I get really sassy. Like, my peak sassy moments are when I'm reading Meg Cabot. If I'm reading Sophie Kinsella, I make rash decisions because it was her spur-of-the-moment thing that made Becky meet Luke.

Which inspires me to write about my identity, and who I really am. I still don't know. Nothing is set in stone yet, and I'm reaching that quarterlife crisis where you sit down and the weight of the world falls on your shoulders.

Who am I, really? It's depressing to think about, because I feel like I've lost my identity. Am I losing myself just to fit in with the world?

Sometimes I convince myself that my identity is whoever I am hanging out with. That I just mould myself to someone who's not me, but me at the same time. I don't know. Maybe I'm faking it too much.

Sometimes I find myself telling untruths about what I really like. Like, when it was un-cool to like Miley Cyrus, I was in love with her. I even made a blog dedicated to her. If you go see my Blogger profile, you'll find out I started blogging at 2007.

Don't bother finding that Miley Cyrus blog, I've deleted it. Because I don't like her anymore.
I don't hate her for what she does - disgusting as it may be - she's just a troubled teenager like the rest of us. Her parents are kind of fucked up, I suppose. Maybe her family background isn't just as perfect as we think. Maybe her parents' divorce just fucked her up too. Maybe LA just made her crack.

I feel sorry for Liam though. Liam needs someone who's just not so troubled. Miley needs some fresh air to awaken her senses, that's all. She can be crazy, after all it's her teen years we're talking about! You just don't shit with your teen years. At least she didn't go all Lindsey Lohan on the world. She's just performing a little on the skanky side on stage. It disgusts lots of people around the world, but she has guts, I can tell.

Only people with guts will dress up in nude underwear, go on stage to twerk, knowing very well that the paparazzi will react and crawl with their fingernails just to get a bad shot.

So kudos to Miley, for knowing who she is and not really giving a fuck to anyone who thinks she's a weirdass. She is one, but she embraces it I guess.

But she should really think about keeping her tongue to herself, it's not a nice image to think of.

You May Also Like

0 comments