by - 12:55 PM

I'm back with another hopeful attempt to remember facts. This time it's Biology. I don't like Biology. Fact.

Today's topic will be Inheritance since my tuition hasn't covered that yet. Before you ask me in person, let's make this clear: my Bio tuition teacher prefers to take the slow way to learning. As in, every class on average covers one sub-topic. Which is kinda good, considering how I can still remember how the blood clots. We did that a few months ago. AND I CAN REMEMBER IT.


According to this website of which I am referring to (never ever refer the text book. You'll fall asleep. And there's barely anything there worth talking about anyway. I don't trust SUCCESS reference books either. My attention span to lots of words - facts no less, is about the same size as your balls. They're nonexistent.
People just don't understand why I don't buy SUCCESS books or any reference book for that matter. I JUST CANNOT CONCENTRATE OK THERE'S SO MANY WORDS AND THEY'RE SO TINY AND WHY ISN'T THERE AN EPUB FORMAT SO I CAN READ ANY TIME WITHOUT HURTING MY ARM MUSCLES.

A Gene is the hereditary factor that determines a certain characteristic. Hereditary means something that has been passed down, an inheritance. Hence, the chapter name. So we can basically sum up that the whole chapter is about inheritance, the genes that a certain person or plant will inherit based on its parents.

Each characteristic is controlled by a pair of alleles.
those two chromosomes each have this stripe right? That's an allele. And since we all know chromosomes basically comes in pairs, we have a pair of alleles.

Allele, according to Biology is defined by :An allele is one of a pair of genes that is located at the sam locus in a pair of homologous chromosomes.

And if you're hopeless like me: A locus is a particular position, point or place. So basically these alleles will sit on this specific part of the chromosomes. Like for example, the colour-allele (I don't know what you call it. Basically, the allele that determines the colour) sits on the front, the height-allele sits in the middle and the shape-allele sits on the other end of the chromosome. This is their designated seat and they will stay there. Forever.

If that particular person or plant has two similar alleles for said characteristic, that person or plant is called a homezygote. If for example, these two flies have the same eye colour, they're homozygous. 

Genotype: combination of alleles in an organism. since alleles are these pair of genes, a combination of alleles can also be known as a combination of genetic traits right? So genotype is like this internal inheritance code in your DNA. 

Phenotype: the observable characteristic. What have we learnt about observable? It means it's physical. The phenotype of an organism is determined by its physical traits. Which means how it looks.

I'm gonna stop here omg I'm boring myself.

I HATE BIOLOGY.


You May Also Like

0 comments