OH YEAH, oh-oh yeah.

by - 9:04 PM

BEFORE I START THE POST, I WANNA SAY SOMETHING.
The list of Hot/cute guys Worth Googling?
I HAVE A HUNDRED PEOPLE ON IT!! :D WHOOOOO!

OKAY I now bring you a story I started ;D give me comments!
I'll probably not continue it anyways so yeah :P






It was raining when Mrs Elliot was describing a new Math formula to us on the board. Bad things happen to me when it rains. Not all the time but bad things only happen when it rains. Like when I was seven and Dad accidentally slammed the car door and broke my fingers. Or when I was nine, I got chased by my neighbour’s pet Rottweiler into the streets and met an accident. The dog was fine but I was in the hospital for a week! The day I turned twelve when Dad left us...

Right. Now is not the time to bring up the past.

I tried to distract myself by looking at Mrs Elliot. She was jumping up and down a bit from excitement while she writes on the board. Something about functions. I’m hopeless at Math so I wouldn’t know.

We were all startled when the door slammed open. Mrs Elliot stopped writing abruptly and looked at the door. Ryan Higgins stood there with a late pass in his hand and passed it to the teacher. He then dragged his feet to an empty seat and set his head on the table.

Mrs Elliot was unfazed and continued to write on the board. God what is with this woman? Has she no life other than excitement from Math?

The class was disrupted once more by a knock on the door. Principal O’Connell came in, black suit and all. He insists on wearing a full suit to work every day, a life principal it seems to be.

‘Sorry to disturb your class, Mrs Elliot.’ He said with a smile to her. You see, even though Principal O’Connell was our school principal, he is quite good-looking for a man his age. He looks like George Clooney and all the teachers were putty in his hands. Not to mention he’s British...which means he has that incredibly attractive accent.

I swear Mrs Elliot was blushing when she nodded and focused on the board.

‘I’m looking for a Miss White?’ he asked, his gaze sweeping over our heads. Everyone turned to look at me and it was my turn to blush. I’m not very good at public attention...especially when it’s all directed at me.

He smiled at me...but I think I saw some sadness in his eyes. ‘You can pack your bag, love.’ He said.

I stuffed all my stuff into my bag and slung it over my shoulders as I got up from my seat. Annie, my best friend looked at me with wide eyes and motioned me to call her. I nodded as I ducked my head and followed him out.

We were silent as we walked the corridors towards the principal’s office.

‘Principal O’Connell, what’s happening?’ I asked as he opened his door and motioned me to get in.

Before he could answer, I saw a man sitting in front of the desk. His back was facing us, but he still looked familiar.

‘Mr White, your daughter is here.’ The principal said from behind me. The man turned and his bright hazel eyes looked back at mine.

Dad?!

I cringed as I heard glass crashing coming from downstairs.

‘Not again...’ I groaned to myself and I covered my head with my pillow.

‘WHAT DID I DO TO FUCKING DESERVE THIS?’

‘I COULDN’T SAY IT BETTER MYSELF!’

‘WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?! I HAPPEN –‘

Almost every day, they’ll have a fight and I’d have to put up with it. It is times like this where I feel thankful I don’t have any baby siblings or they’ll be psychologically damaged.

Every day Dad will come back from work with a slam of a door. After a few minutes, the screaming will start. A few seconds later and you’ll hear things crashing to the floor.

It’s a wonder how none of the neighbours complained or called the police.

I used to dream at night why I can’t be born into a normal family. What did I possibly do in my past life to deserve this? Why can’t everyone just be happy?

I remembered when I prayed every night to God that they’ll stop fighting and be happy again, but it never happened.

‘I’M DONE, MARIAH. DO YOU HEAR ME? I’M DONE WITH THIS BULLSHIT.’

I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I got down from my bed and opened my door just a crack to see what’s happening. This never happened. They always fight downstairs.

I saw Dad stomping into their bedroom and a few seconds later, he was out with a suit case.

What’s happening?

He stomped downstairs and I heard the door slam and the roar of a car engine. I looked out from my bedroom window to see what’s happening.

I stared as I saw Dad’s car pulling out from the drive way with an ear-splitting screech and it made its way down the street.

In a snap of a finger, it was gone. I continued staring out the window for what seems like hours, the scene processing in my mind.

Why would Dad’s car pull out from the drive way?

Why did he bring all his clothes?

I snapped out from the trance and went down stairs, trying to not make a sound.

I went to the kitchen to see Mom on the floor with her head in her hands.

She was crying.

‘Mom...? Is everything okay?’ I asked as I cautiously went to her side.

She looked up from her hands and it took everything from me not to gasp. Her eyes were bloodshot and you could see her veins sticking out on her face. Her skin was pale and she resembled a large Chucky doll.

‘Oh, Casey...’ she sobbed as she continued crying.

I awkwardly put my arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

It was a few minutes before I asked her the question that had been lingering in my mind.

‘Mom, where’s Dad going?’

She cried harder into my shoulder once I asked the question. It must be quite a comical sight, a grown up woman sobbing into her twelve year old daughter’s shoulder.

It took her quite a while to calm down and croak out a coherent word.

‘H-he’s...g-gone!’ she croaked as she sobbed into my shoulder again.

Wait.

GONE?

I started hyperventilating when I saw those hazel eyes.

Those eyes I inherited.

Principal O’Connell put his hands on my shoulders, holding me up. Dad got up from his chair, startled by my reaction.

I put my finger up before he could get any nearer. I don’t want to be anywhere near this man.

The man that left us to fend for ourselves. The man that withdrew from the whole family package and never came back.

I remembered the days when I used to check every night out if he’d come back. After a few months Mom managed to convince me that he’d never come back. It all fell into pieces when the divorce papers came by post.

Mom was in her bed for days, calling sick at work and never got up. If it wasn’t the fact that I knew how to operate a microwave oven, I would’ve died from hunger by now.

While this man ran away from his old life with us to start over, I was left to pick up the pieces he’d left.

Whoever said it was easy to forgive and forget? I’d like them to stand in my shoes and stand up for their word.

‘Carey, honey. Let me explain...’

‘Shut up.’

‘Please...’

‘I said, SHUT UP!’ he cringed as I screamed at him. ‘Do you really think you can just waltz back into my life just like that? Have you any idea how much pain you caused me? MOM? NO. While you were frolicking in happiness with your new life, guess who had to suck up and pick up the pieces you left?’ I spat as I turned my heel and fled from the room, tears splattering from my eyes.

I heard him try to come after me but Principal O’Connell probably stopped him because no one was behind me when I rushed out from the school doors.

I walked towards my car and sped out from school. Going...where?

Anywhere but here.

Anywhere but where my Dad is.





SHOWER ME WITH COMMENTS, BABY.

You May Also Like

0 comments